Tampa Bay Buccaneers Winners and Losers Week 17
By Brian DeFeo
No matter how improbable the playoffs seemed at the beginning of the season the Buccaneers still had a chance entering the final game, which they won. Here are our winners and losers.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
Looking back at the season there were a few games that could’ve altered the year but progress has clearly been made. For the first time in five seasons the Buccaneers will not finish in last place in the NFC South. With a win today the Bucs would be over .500 for the first time since going 10-6 in 2010 with great momentum going into the off-season.
Going against division rival Carolina with very little to play for this game was more about pride for each team. The Bucs and Panthers each fought hard in this defensive slugfest and with very few points put up the Bucs pulled out a victory with a defensive stand on a two point conversion to end the game. Finishing the season at 9-7 is a huge difference from 8-8. I’m proud of what the team accomplished but there is still work to be done. Let’s look at this week’s winners and losers for the last time this season.