We begin our review of Buccaneers free agents with running back Jacquizz Rodgers.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
Right now the playoffs are unfolding, but behind the scenes, Buccaneers is already thinking about the 2017 season. It’s a time of looking back, seeing what went right to build on, and what went wrong that needs to be fixed.
As the season was a roller coaster ride, Dirk Koetter, Jason Licht and company will have a lot to talk about on both sides of that fence.
There is the Combine to prepare for, and the eventual NFL draft. There is also the free agency period, where the best available talent in the league goes to the highest bidder. But, before all of that, teams must evaluate their own rosters and decide which of their own free agents to keep and which to let go.
So we are going to help Jason Licht with these decisions, starting now.
According to Spotrac, the Bucs have 17 unrestricted free agents. We are going to take a look at why to keep them, why not to keep them, and come up with a decision.
We start today with Jacquizz Rodgers.