Who posted the best performances for the Buccaneers in 2016?
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
The Buccaneers made great strides in 2016. The defense went from being a group that was walked all over routinely to a group that was as stingy as anyone in the league. Now that we know coach Smith is staying, they will only get better by remaining in the same scheme.
The offense wasn’t quite as prolific as 2015 but it still showed itself as a group that could put up the points they needed to win. The connection between the franchise quarterback and the number one receiver went from good to elite. The Jameis Winston–Mike Evans connection is as good as any duo the NFL has to offer.
Fans have a lot to be excited about.
But individually, there were a lot of great performances as well. Recently, Bailey Adams covered ten great moments from the season gone by. For this post, we are looking at the top five individual performances of the season. Whether they were in a loss or a win, the top five performances.
We start with number five.