If he is released, who can the Buccaneers replace Doug Martin with?
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
The relationship between the Buccaneers and Doug Martin has been the definition of a roller coaster. He ran wild as a rookie and things were looking up. For two years, he suffered through injuries and poor play and things went the other way. They picked up in 2015 when he finished second in the NFL in rushing.
It bottomed out last year. Martin did not run well when he was available and was hampered by injuries. The “Muscle Hamster” was anything but in 2017. Now with the drug revelations, we are at rock bottom. Martin no longer has any money guaranteed in his contract and may not even be brought back in 2017. As James Yarcho reported, Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times does not believe that Martin is part of the Bucs short or long-term plans.
With that, who do they replace him with? Here are five ideas: