We continue our review of Buccaneers free agents with Gosder Cherilus.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
Our Buccaneers have a great deal of work to do this off-season. They have holes to fill all over the place. We have talked about the needs on both sides of the football, and the staff is getting ready to fill them. Jason Licht and company are busily preparing for what is shaping up to be an important off-season.
The free agency period is on its way, and then of course the NFL draft. But first, before all of that comes, they have to handle the in-house business. Specifically, they have to decide what to do about their own free agents, and the Bucs have a lot of them.
According to Spotrac, the Bucs have 17 unrestricted free agents. We have covered some in this series. Most recently, our good buddy James Yarcho made predictions about the free agents here, and here. In this series, we look at both sides of the coin and decide whether the player SHOULD be brought back or let go.
Basically, whether or not we agree with the predictions.
In James’ piece, he believes Gosder Cherilus will not be brought back. Let’s analyze and see if we agree.