Dalvin Cook – Running Back, Florida State
You know he’s got to be on this list. The fan buzz about this young man has been ramping up since the football season’s went final and they won’t die down anytime before draft night is finally upon us.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
When the Buccaneers go on the clock for the first time, many people will be hoping Dalvin Cook is still on the board.
Prior to the drills though, he may have helped his Bucs hype just a bit as he was quoted as saying joining Jameis Winston in Tampa would be a “dream come true” according to ESPN’s Jenna Laine.
Indeed, for many loyal fans it would be as well.
This weekend will be big for the self-proclaimed best running back in this year’s class – I happen to agree with him – and it could actually result in his chances of playing in Tampa shrinking instead of growing.
The race between he and LSU back Leonard Fournette may not be as distant as some think as Cook holds an electric skill set which could tempt and tantalize any NFL franchise looking for a young back to hitch their future to.
Still, the Buccaneers will be watching as the Seminoles prospect builds upon the already impressive 22 reps he did on the bench press when position drills go live.