Adoree’ Jackson – Cornerback, USC
Size is a knock that both starting cornerbacks for the Bucs have heard in their time on the field, and both Vernon Hargreaves III and Brent Grimes have overcome the stigma.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
Ok, so VHIII has only had one year on the field, but Grimes has had quite the career despite his “shortcomings”.
Adoree’ Jackson is a pure athlete who is a highlight waiting to happen whenever he’s on the field. At 5’10” he’s shorter than most want, but hey, we’ve seen this movie before.
His ability in the return game makes him an instant impact player for a team like the Bucs who haven’t had a decent return man in – well – ever.
His cover skills are an added bonus as he won’t be expected to play on the outside as an every down guy, but work inside where his athleticism will help him overcome some of his more technical and experience based deficiencies.
If the team goes Baker in the first and Jackson in the third, then the secondary is on its way to being the most exciting unit on the field.
Look for him to show off his athleticism, and see if his footwork and hip movement is maybe a tad better than expected when he takes the field in Indy.