The Buccaneers have signed a safety to add to the list that includes Chris Conte and Keith Tandy.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
They have added a safety to the depth chart now, take a look:
Wilcox comes to town with the reputation of a hard-hitter, one that can make some noise with receivers over the middle. Here are more details, courtesy of Mike Garafolo:
It is a reasonable deal financially. The Bucs get a starting-caliber safety at a price that won’t cost much against the salary cap.
We have talked previously about the importance of this type of player on the back-end of the defense, but now that he is here it deserves repeating. The Bucs have still needed help in the secondary, though things were improved in 2016. When you have a safety that makes a receiver think twice before going over the middle, it leads to bad passes, fumbles, and interceptions.
He’s always around the football, take a look at his stats:
The Bucs just keep getting better this off-season.
Like this move? Sound off in the comments.