The San Francisco 49ers hired Buccaneers legend, John Lynch, and rival Falcons coach, Kyle Shanahan to run their franchise. Taking over a dumpster fire with a ton of money is going take some time to rebuild the franchise. When you are a rebuilding franchise you are going to need to get some pieces to grow. With the signings the Niners have made this off-season they have gained some solid options to develop around. Pierre Garcon, Kyle Juszczyk, and Malcolm Smith are solid options but with the signings of Brian Hoyer and Matt Barkley means they still need a quarterback.
More from Bucs News
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
- Todd Bowles admits he only looks at three things on Bucs schedule
The 49ers had a horrendous rush defense last season and that should be the key focus for the draft this season. With the second pick of the draft they are in good position to attack its needs. Jonathan Allen is an option and if by some ungodly reason Myles Garrett doesn’t go one he is definitely going to San Fran. Like the Jets they should wait another year but they have better pieces right now which is why they are higher on this list. Also the potential of Kirk Cousins next season could help with the draft next year too.