1. He Is One Of The Best Receivers In Penn State History
Chris Godwin was only at Penn State for three years, but two gigantic seasons put him up there with the best of the best as far as receivers go in State College. His 2,421 receiving yards are fourth-best all-time. His 18 touchdowns tie him for fourth all-time and he is seventh on the all-time receptions list with 153.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
The accolades don’t stop there for Godwin. He became one of 14 players to pass 100 catches in a career, while also being the eighth player to surpass 2,000 yards in a career. He had a fantastic three-year career with the Nittany Lions. Just think: had he stayed for his senior season, where would he be on the program’s all-time lists? That’s a pretty interesting thought, but not one he nor the Bucs really care about at this point.
Are college numbers the most important thing for a player heading into the NFL? Of course not. But, those numbers do come as a by-product of talent and consistency, so the fact that Godwin was able to put up all-time numbers with his college quarterbacks is great. Just imagine what he’ll be able to do when he gets on the field with Jameis Winston.