With high hopes and expectations this upcoming season, will the Buccaneers finally reach the playoffs? Here are game by game predictions.
The Buccaneers have shown improvement each year with Jameis Winston and this season is shaping up to be the most promising in years. Last season, for the first time since 2010, Tampa had a winning record at 9-7 and just missed out on the playoffs. A few more breaks early in the season and we would be talking about a possible return trip to the playoffs.
The Bucs have the 14th toughest schedule for 2017, which is not too bad considering Tampa had the fifth toughest last season. The most interesting to watch for this season will be the offense. Jason Licht has completely revamped the offense and has provided Jameis with a few more weapons in hopes of elevating the offense to an elite level. This Bucs offense could be the best in Buccaneers history and will lead them to the playoffs in 2017.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Peter King defends calling Buccaneers second-worst team in NFL
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
That’s right Bucs fans, the playoff drought will end this season after 10 long years. The defense has remained together at the core, and the offense is set to take large leaps forward. Barring a major health problems, January football is in the Bucs future.
Let’s look at some game by game predictions and see how they are going to get there.