Tonight at 7:30 p.m. the Tampa Bay Buccaneers take the field for their fourth and final pre-season match-up. Who are some Buccaneers to keep an eye on?
RB- Jeremy McNichols
After the Buccaneers selected McNichols in the fifth round of the 2017 NFL draft, the expectations were high for the Boise State running back. Not only did fans expect the end of Doug Martin or Charles Sims with this selection, but the hope was “McWeapon” would translate his touchdown numbers into the NFL.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
Through training camp, McNichols has seen time with both the first team and the third team… which has really left writers wondering where he currently stands in terms of the depth chart. If it would not be for the insider access that HBO’s Hard Knocks series provides, fans would never understand why McNichols has seen such little action this pre-season.
Whether it be due to missed blocking assignments or lack of burst, the rookie is struggling to win a job on this seasons roster. McNichols has rushed for 43 yards on 14 attempts so far this pre-season, will he leave a mark tonight?
“He’s gonna get one final chance to show what he can do,” – Head Coach Dirk Koetter
May the odds be in McNichols favor.