Wide Receiver Brandon Marshall
While Brandon Marshall has not been his usual self this year so far he is still a threat. Odell Beckham Jr will get his catches but with the return of Brent Grimes, he should be shadowed all game. Brandon Marshall will be going against Vernon Hargreaves, who looked in preseason, has not looked improved this season. Hargreaves was targeted ten times last week allowing seven catches, 126 yards and a touchdown against Stefon Diggs and Adam Theilen. That was with Case Keenum throwing them the ball.
More from Bucs News
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
- Todd Bowles admits he only looks at three things on Bucs schedule
Now he will have to go against 6’4″ Brandon Marshall and Eli Manning. This will be a big test for Hargreaves but he should have help. The Buccaneers will be getting their defensive line back and the Giants have allowed eight sacks. An additional boost to the pass rush will help the secondary get force some turnovers. Hargreaves may be small but so is Grimes and he’s been to multiple Pro-Bowls. Learning from him should help prepare him for when he has to guard guys like Beckham.