Buccaneers: Five Bucs to watch in week four versus Giants
By Zach Sauers
After a week three nightmare in Minnesota, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers take on the New York Giants at home Sunday afternoon. Who are some players to watch?
After traveling North to face the Minnesota Vikings, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers were upset and decimated by injuries. Not only did their up and coming defense surrender 34 points to back-up quarterback Case Keenum, but they also made him look like the second coming of Peyton Manning.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
The blame lies throughout the entire team for such a bad loss, but the biggest thing to take away from the Minnesota match-up was that the Bucs are far from where they need to be.
The teams depth was exploited and so was quarterback Jameis Winston‘s growing pains. Three interceptions that shot the Bucs right in the foot of the comeback they managed to pull. During the contest FOX Sports brought up a graphic that listed Winston for having 25 (now 26 turnovers) in his 17 contests.
Talk about an eye opener.
The Bucs now go up against a struggling Giants team back in Raymond James Stadium. Can Jameis Winston overcome the skilled secondary? Can the offensive line hold up against arguably one of the best pass rushing units in the league? Who are some players to watch this week?