Doug Martin was the focus back during the Bucs contest against the Bills. He finished the day with 20 carries for only 49 yards.
More from Bucs News
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
- Todd Bowles admits he only looks at three things on Bucs schedule
Don’t let the numbers fool you. There were more yards to be gotten, but running lanes seemed to close at times or Martin wasn’t patient enough to wait for one. His most explosive play was for eleven yards earlier in the game which didn’t result in much during that particular drive.
The Bills came into Sunday as one the top defenses in the league. For that reason, I didn’t expect much out of the run game. It seems as if Martin is sort of in his 2016 form rather than his 2015 form. It’s still to early to tell, but if the Bucs want to survive the rest of the season.
As for the rest of the running backs the only player that really contributed was Charles Sims, but that had more to with the passing game rather than the running game.
Not much explosiveness from this group this week.