By the time free agency hits, Trey Flowers may be the best defensive end available. With the Patriots willingness to let talented defensive linemen walk, he will likely hit the market come 2019. If he does, the Buccaneers need to get on the phones.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
Pairing Flowers with a veteran like Pierre-Paul will create a devastating pass rush. If Vea can become an anchor inside, there is a foundation at defensive line.
There’s no doubt that Flowers will occur a massive price tag, but he is well worth the money. The Bucs tried to revamp the line this past offseason, but it has turned into an utter failure. It is time to build from the bottom up, and it starts with Flowers.
He fits well in the Bucs 4-3 defensive scheme. With a new coaching staff poised to enter the fold, they will look to add plenty of talent on the defensive side of the ball.