With a number of veterans heading out of the door and new Head Coach Bruce Arians, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers could see a number of breakout performers in 2019.
There will be plenty of new faces receiving more playing time in 2019 with the chance to step up into a larger role for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. With evident departures of Buccaneer staples Gerald McCoy, Desean Jackson, and potentially Kwon Alexander and Peyton Barber as well, young players will need to step in and prove their worth for new Head Coach Bruce Arians.
More from Bucs News
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
- Todd Bowles admits he only looks at three things on Bucs schedule
The good news for Tampa Bay is that the team has a good pool of talented players in the first three years of their career, some have been found in a crowded positional group, some have battled injuries, and some have struggled out of the gate. With the firing of Dirk Koetter and an entire new coaching staff, it is a chance for a fresh start as well as showing these new faces that they are significant contributors to the Bucs.
This is truly a make-or-break year for the Buccaneers, and if quarterback Jameis Winston falters, we could be on the verge of another rebuild in Tampa Bay. However as the offseason is set to begin, five players stick out with the best potential to breakout in 2019 and help the Bucs compete for an NFC South crown and beyond.