Great odds on Winston
Jameis Winston actually does not have terrible odds entering the 2019 season, the last year of his rookie contract, and the biggest year of his young career. This year, Winston will need to prove to the Buccaneers that he is worth the long term investment, and if he does, he will receive a massive pay raise.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
In this make or break season for Winston, he has the 11th best odds to lead the NFL in passing touchdowns at +2500. He has better odds than the likes of Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson, and Kirk Cousins to take the crown of most passing touchdowns in 2019.
Even better, Winston has the sixth best odds to lead the league in passing yards at +1000 yards. Only Patrick Mahomes, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, Ben Roethlisberger, and Aaron Rodgers have better odds than Winston in this statistical category.
Given that, although on a pace to throw a ton of interceptions, Winston had an adjusted statline of over 5,000 yards and 38 touchdowns last year over 16 games, these odds are not too surprising. Winston is also a longshot to win the Most Valuable Player award at +10,000 odds, so that is a bet worth passing on.