Looking like a tremendous steal for the Buccaneers is third round safety Mike Edwards. While the whole defense seems to be playing with their hair on fire, Edwards looks the part with his bleach blonde hair as well.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
In yesterday’s practice, Edwards picked off two different passes, including one returned all the way to the house. This led to a choreographed endzone celebration from the defensive unit as they have some fun playing the sport that they love.
With the injury to Justin Evans that still has him sidelined, Edwards has been getting starting reps next to Jordan Whitehead in the third level of Bowles’ defense. He is an extremely smart, savvy football player who has taken ahold of the scheme well and displays his knowledge on the field.
All of the offseason he has been compared to Tyrann Matheiu, and now on the field he looks like him too. Bowles played a massive hand in the selection of Edward last April, and it seems like that selection is already paying off for the Buccaneers.
As camp continues, keep and eye and ear out for Edwards as he is sure to be all over the field for the pewter and red. If he keeps up the hard work he will be starting in the back of the Buccaneers’ defense when week one rolls around.