New and improved defense
Whatever the true reason may be, Tampa Bays defense is playing stingy, turnover-producing football right now. After getting a sour taste of future Hall of Famer, Drew Brees, in their first match following Hargreaves’ departure, the young secondary has stepped up considerably since.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
In their two games following against the Falcons and Jaguars, Sean Murphy-Bunting, Jamel Dean and Carlton Davis elevated their play trememdously. Two games, 14 pass deflections and two interceptions total between the three of them combined with the best run defense in the NFL, and the Buccaneers are all of a sudden a formidable team.
Tampa Bay vs Indianapolis Betting Predictions:
Where: Raymond James Stadium
Odds: Buccaneers -3
Kickoff: Sunday December 8, 2019 (1pm)
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-7 SU) come into Week 14 on a two-game winning streak on the back of elevated defensive play. The Indianapolis Colts (6-6 SU) will make the trip to the sunshine state after last week’s home defeat at the hands of the Tennessee Titans, 31-17. Unlike Tampa Bay, however, the Colts have been struggling as of late, going 1-5 SU and 2-3 ATS in their last five games against middle of the pack teams.