Jameis is your 2020 Quarterback
Either way you put it, Jameis Winston has done enough to lead this team to victories during the second half of the season. Although Winston’s turnovers haven’t cut down to where Bucs fans ideally would like, he has aired it out.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
Now leading the league in passing yards with 4,573, Winston helped earn his top two wide receivers, Mike Evans and Chris Godwin a Pro Bowl nod. Winston is also second in the NFL in touchdowns, to Lamar Jackson (33) with 30 for the season.
Last Sunday, against the Detroit Lions, Winston was without star wide receiver Mike Evans all game due to a hamstring injury. Godwin and Scotty Miller missed more than half of the game with the same injury. His stat line against the Lions was 28/42 for 458 yards and four touchdowns with one interception.
During that game, we saw him throw receivers open and navigate the pocket with ease. Even the national media is hopping on his bandwagon. Winston has answered the question of whether he should be behind center in 2020 for the Bucs. The front office has some tough decisions to make this offseason, let this not be one of them. Ideally, you franchise tag him or sign him to a three-year deal.