Player number one and player number two are both extremely close on this list. Tom Brady only edges out his counterpart due to the fact that so much hype has surrounded this move.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
Brady is, without a doubt, the most successful NFL quarterback of all time. All of his incredible success has come during his time in New England alongside coach Bill Belichick, and this is mostly why Brady comes in at number one on this list.
Many people believe that Brady left the Patriots because he wants to prove that he is a great quarterback and can still find success without Belichick. The phrase “system quarterback” has often been used to describe Brady, and that likely played heavily in his decision to come to make his mark on a young Bucs team with high aspirations.
It also should be understood that Brady is immediately a polarizing figure upon his arrival in Tampa Bay. A small but loud part of the fanbase was extremely upset with the decision to move on from Jameis Winston, and Brady will have every error magnified heavily by this group.
Brady needs this first season to go well in an effort to win over this disappointed part of the fanbase.