Tom Brady hasn’t lost a step
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
Pundits have been predicting a decline for Tom Brady for the better part of the past decade. Each year was supposed to finally be the time that the GOAT would come back down to Earth, and each year Brady continues to defy expectations.
After leaving the Patriots and head coach Bill Belichick and coming to a young team like the Buccaneers, Tom Brady has the cards stacked against him. All of the pressure is on, which would normally be an easy time to count on some regression.
Fortunately for the Bucs, it appears as though Brady has not begun his decline yet. Brady has stunned during his few weeks padded up in camp and proven repeatedly why the Buccaneers were the biggest offseason winners during free agency.
Brady may not have the future outlook that Jameis Winston possesses, but the Bucs do have an upgrade for the time being. Even the players recognize the greatness that Brady brings, as evidenced by LeSean McCoy‘s introductory interview in Tampa Bay.
The window for the Bucs to succeed won’t last forever, but it is clear that the opportunities are greater than ever, which is mostly due to Tom Brady.