3 young Tampa Bay Buccaneers that look like future NFL stars
By Rob Leeds
Antoine Winfield Jr. has emerged on the scene as one of the top rookies in the NFL, regardless of position. Even with a player like Chase Young in competition for DROY at the end of the season, Winfield has held his own and has put together a convincing case to win this prestigious award.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
Even after winning NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month, Winfield still has some room to grow. The best thing about the former Minnesota star is that his peak is still off in the distance, which should excite the fanbase more than any other team aspect.
At the rate that he is playing, there is a genuine chance that Winfield will become one of the next big-time safeties in the NFL. Players like Jamal Adams and Derwin James have dominated the conversation regarding safety play in the league, and Winfield has similarly begun his NFL career.
If Winfield does turn into the next Adams or James, the Buccaneers could have one of the most popular defensive players in the league on their team.
Tampa Bay also has young stars like Vita Vea and Carlton Davis on their roster, but there is an excellent chance that Winfield will become the most recognizable defensive player on the roster very soon.