Ryan Ramczyk, Tackle, Wisconsin
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
Originally drafted by the New Orleans Saints as the last pick in the third round
O.J. Howard is a great player for the Buccaneers and still has a bright future ahead as a blocker and as a receiver. Howard is on I.R. for the remainder of the season, but he was able to show flashes through the first few games that indicate his ceiling is still very high.
Despite Howard’s performance, it’s impossible to pass on Ryan Ramczyk with this pick. Donovan Smith is still struggled up to this point in his career, and Ramczyk and Tristan Wirfs today would comprise the best tackle combo in the NFL.
Offensive tackle is arguable the most important position in football, and Ramczyk is one of the best in the business. The Buccaneers would have been able to provide Jameis Winston more protection with this pick while also setting the current team up better as well.
It still seems crazy that Ramczyk fell as far as he did, but an All-Pro talent like Ramczyk would have immediately improved the Buccaneer offense in multiple areas that would still show today.