After hearing from other fans for months about how “washed Brady is” or watching fellow Bucs “fans” on social media actively root against their purported team because of their new quarterback, Tampa Bay fans are feeling just like Smith.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
Tom Brady absolutely is balling in every sense of the word. His touchdown to interception ratio is nearly four times higher than Jameis Winston‘s last season, and he is on pace to blow the previous touchdown stat out of the water.
On the yards front, Brady isn’t far off of the mark from last season. The Bucs are playing in fewer losing games and are playing from behind less, so airing the ball out isn’t as important, yet Brady is still excelling with the pass.
People have tried to explain away Brady’s success all season, but the simple truth is that he is still one of the greatest players in the league at 43-years old. The “better run game” and “better defense” counterarguments are also mostly baseless when the Bucs have the same starting running back and the exact same defense, save one starter.
The haters and doubters will continue doing what they do best, but Tom Brady is playing at a phenomenal level, and Stephen A. Smith sums it up well when he says, “you’re pathetic” to those that still don’t see the greatness in Tampa Bay.