As the most probable name on this list, Boston Scott could be a perfect fit on the Buccaneers and is a name they should inquire about in free agency. Scott has seen limited use during his time in Philly, but he has shown good run ability, consistent hands, and the potential to contribute as a return man. Tampa Bay needs all of the above.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
The Buccaneers currently have no reliable option to serve as the third-down back. This position has switched hands throughout the season between LeSean McCoy and Leonard Fournette, but no one has made a convincing case to keep it.
Tampa Bay will probably have to address this position in the offseason, and while reuniting James White and Tom Brady is a popular idea, Scott could be a cheaper alternative.
Averaging 4.4 yards per carry and a near-80% catch rate, Scott has already found success in the exact areas that the Bucs need help. His volume of touches would quickly go up in Tampa, and this would be the perfect opportunity for Scott to earn a longer contract.
The Eagles will prioritize bringing Scott back as their RB2 for a rebuild, but the Buccaneers should be a much better free-agent destination, even if the money doesn’t match up.
Want to write about the Buccaneers? Apply below!