Do the Buccaneers have a shot with Deshaun Watson?
Without Brady, the Buccaneers immediately become the favorite destination of any quarterback in the NFL. The Bucs have every offensive piece imaginable and have numerous players on great contracts to offset the price of an expensive quarterback.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
Tampa Bay has shown itself willing to work with a quarterback, as seen by Tom Brady’s hand on the offense and roster creation, so Watson should worry little about the franchise ignoring his wishes.
Watson’s best choice is to land in the NFC. While there are plenty of AFC teams looking for a quarterback, why put yourself in a scenario where you have to stay in a conference with Patrick Mahomes when you can land almost anywhere in the NFC?
The Dolphins look like a great fit on paper, but the Bills and Patriots pose an issue in that division, while the decision to join the Jets seems downright questionable, even with their wealth of draft picks.
The Buccaneers have made it clear that they are willing to make big moves to bring the best talent available in, and Deshaun Watson can bring this franchise to new heights if the Bucs don’t have Tom Brady next season.
Want to write about the Buccaneers? Apply below!