A late-round pick for the Buccaneers
Dazz Newsome, UNC
Dazz Newsome could be the best fit for the Buccaneers on this list. As a later-round pick, the Bucs would have to give up very little money or draft capital to find Godwin’s replacement, and Newsome has the potential to be a great contributor on one of the better offenses in the NFL.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
As a slot receiver in college, Newsome was able to put together an impressive tape that showcases good hands and the ability to make plays with the ball. The Buccaneers need the type of player that they can scheme the ball to from multiple positions, and Newsome has experience all over the field.
In addition to his similar receiving skillset to Godwin, Newsome also has speed that Tom Brady would welcome. Newsome has plenty of experience at getting open deep against unsuspecting defenses, and this speed would come in handy at the next level.
Another area that Newsome would help the Buccaneers out in is as a return man. Newsome returned punts for the majority of his college career, and while he fell off his impressive 2018 pace of 15.1 yards per return in his final two seasons, his consistency would help the Buccaneer special teams in year one as a late-round pick.
Want to write about the Buccaneers? Apply below!