Davis Mills, Stanford
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
His scouting report reads like Tom Brady’s: moves well in the pocket, makes good decisions, accurate on short and intermediate throws, and shows flashes of touch on deep balls. Mills is a student in every sense of the word who could sit behind Brady for a year or two and model his game after TB12.
Sam Ehlinger, Texas
Some people are going to try to turn Ehlinger into a Taysom Hill-type of player, but that would be a mistake. This is a guy who seems to be able to will his team to victory. He’s got a touch of Tebow with the slightest sprinkle of Favre to his game. He’s the ultimate low-risk, high-reward player at the quarterback position in this draft.
Costello has played in two different style of offenses during his college career, and both translate to the NFL. His season with Mike Leach and Mississippi State did not go the way he would have liked, but he showed the ability to throw every pass from everywhere on the field — essentially the perfect guy for Bruce Arians’ pre-Brady offensive strategy. If he’s on the board late, The Bucs should pull the trigger.
Want to write about the Buccaneers? Apply below!