Remaining Free Agents Buccaneers Should Target
By James Yarcho
Chris Long – DE
Just because Ayers is visiting, doesn’t mean the Bucs need to stop looking for help at defensive end. Even though Long has a visit with the Cowboys, that shouldn’t stop Licht from making the phone call. Long, who was released by the Rams, has 54.5 career sacks in his eight year career. Again, not setting the world on fire at this stage, but provides a veteran presence and is a former captain. That kind of leadership and experience would be greatly beneficial to the Bucs in 2016, especially if they draft a defensive end that can learn from him.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
Again, the Bucs aren’t/didn’t break the bank for the top-tier edge rushers. What they are doing, or attempting to do, is add depth and create a solid line rotation. With Jacquies Smith, William Gholston, T.J. Fatinikun, and Howard Jones as the current defensive ends on the team, the Bucs need any and all help they can get.
Next: Sean Smith