Who are the five best defensive backs in Buccaneers franchise history?
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
Vernon Hargreaves was selected by the Buccaneers to be a dominant force in the defensive backfield. The Bucs had difficulty against the pass in 2015, and Jason Licht knew the group needed to be picked up a bit.
Hargreaves had a rough year, and the defense wasn’t much better than it was in the previous year. With over 1,000 yards allowed, “VHII” doesn’t make this list yet.
So who does? Who are the five best defensive backs in team history?
Through Bucs history, the talent on defense has been solid. Even back in the dark days of 1976, there were players like Lee Roy Selmon. The wins have been few, but the talented defensive players have been plenty. We’ve reviewed the top pass rushers in team history, now on to the defensive backs.