Who are the five best defensive backs in Buccaneers franchise history?
More from The Pewter Plank
- 2021 NFL Draft: 3 best defensive linemen for the Buccaneers
- NFTs Tom Brady needs to make with ‘Autograph’ when it goes up
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: What if Tony Dorsett was drafted over Ricky Bell?
- Buccaneers: Ross Cockrell return is good sign for secondary
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: This Devin White bobblehead is awesome
Vernon Hargreaves was selected by the Buccaneers to be a dominant force in the defensive backfield. The Bucs had difficulty against the pass in 2015, and Jason Licht knew the group needed to be picked up a bit.
Hargreaves had a rough year, and the defense wasn’t much better than it was in the previous year. With over 1,000 yards allowed, “VHII” doesn’t make this list yet.
So who does? Who are the five best defensive backs in team history?
Through Bucs history, the talent on defense has been solid. Even back in the dark days of 1976, there were players like Lee Roy Selmon. The wins have been few, but the talented defensive players have been plenty. We’ve reviewed the top pass rushers in team history, now on to the defensive backs.