O.J. Howard to visit with the Buccaneers prior to the NFL draft.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
Now that the NFL Combine is over, the Buccaneers and the rest of the teams are preparing for the draft, while they go through free agency. They are evaluating tape, looking over statistics, talking to people familiar with players, and reviewing information taken from the Combine. The idea is to do everything they can to vet players they might be interested in drafting.
What they are also doing is setting up player visits. What better way to gain insight into a player they are considering than to visit with him and have direct contact. Around the league, college players entering the draft will be making their way to team facilities to sell their prowess to their future bosses.
The Bucs are jumping into the fray, with one of the top tight ends in the draft:
Howard is regarded as one of the top tight ends in the draft and with good reason:
He makes plays. Now, tight end is not the biggest need of this team by any stretch, especially with the emergence of Cameron Brate. However, there is something to be said for the best player available and if Licht believes Howard is it, he should go for it.