Jameis with another clean sheet, makes history
The knock on Jameis Winston was his knack for throwing the football to the other team. For the past two weeks, critics have gone quiet.
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
Winston put together a clean game for the second-straight week, and it helped keep the Panthers from climbing back into the game.
He was under control, completing 20 of 30 passes for 250 yards and a pair of TDs. By no means was this one of Winston’s best performance of 2018, but he didn’t have to do too much. The defense finally stepped up and carried the offense for a change.
Now, Winston wasn’t perfect. He had a few turnover worthy throws, but the offensive line didn’t make his life any easier. Winston was sacked four times. Thankfully, he was able to escape a crumbling pocket as he rushed for 45 yards.
Winston also managed to make history by passing Josh Freeman for the most touchdowns by a Buccaneers quarterback with 81.