Buccaneers Free Agent Decision Report: Vincent Jackson
Should the Buccaneers re-sign Vincent Jackson?
More from The Pewter Plank
- Devin White posts cryptic message to Lavonte David on Twitter
- ESPN predicts surprising outcome to Devin White trade saga
- Updated Buccaneers depth chart after signing two players from rookie minicamp
- Todd Bowles sends clear message about Baker Mayfield’s role with Bucs
- The Athletic is wrong about Bucs one ‘must-watch’ game in 2023
The Buccaneers are in the midst of their off-season program as we speak. Four teams are still working on 2016, the rest are on to 2017, and that includes the Bucs. It’s time to prepare for the free agency period, and following that, the NFL draft.
But first, the evaluation of the current players is underway. James Yarcho wrote about the salary cap situation. Simply put, the Bucs will have money to spend. James makes some great suggestions on how to give the team more money to play with, but the question is how to use it.
Of course, some will be spent on outside free agents, but some will be spent on in-house free agents. According to Spotrac, the Bucs have decisions to make on 17 unrestricted free agents. So far we talked about Jacquizz Rodgers here, and Chris Conte here. Today we are taking a look at a big name.
The subject of today’s debate is Vincent Jackson.